Tuesday, 26 January 2016

Audience Survey: Results and analysis





















This is an example response gatherd from my audience questionnaire: Above

These are my overall results, to ensure that the test was not biased I asked an even amount of people (10) and each person was asked the same questions each time. And I also asked an even number of people from each gender, to ensure my results were not one-sided. From an analysis point of view i have decided to only discuss the questions i feel most relevant.
Evidently shown my ideal age is 18+ which coverges with my ideal audience as this means that they have more experience within the film industry. This will play an important role as it means I can included references towards other films / past events and they will understand the symbols such as Ted Bundy for example. Whereas I feel a more youthful audeince would struggle to undertand such refernces and instead would just seek action rather than an intruiging storyline. 
 
 

 
However during the results for genre it it clear that those surveyed only just prefer Horror, but I believe that if I could incorporate a sense of a thriller into my Horror that the two will bounce of each other well, and through fast-paced editing/non-diegetic music high in prosody I believe I can achieve this.
 
 
 
 
Lastly, I explored the fears that my target audience had and in doing so uncoverd some easily performed fears that I could exploit in order to surpass the definition of the horror genre which is ultimatley to scare. After consideration I have decided to try to include at least two of the fears given in the hope that this survey will mimick my target audeince on a smaller scale. If so I can acheive the Horror genre easily.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive