Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Production schedule & Audience research (Demopgraphic/Pyshcographic)



 Audience research:

Prior to our audeince survey, I thought it would be best to discover a bit more about what we are expecting to find. So simply I researched information about the different types of demo / psychographic that we might end up making our target audeince. Firstly I went about finding out about the types of demographics- And after typing " The different types of demographic" into my browser I found that, people are catogarised based upon Social Grade / Social Status / Occupation, afterwards I combined all my findings onto a table similar to the ones I had seen whilst researching
And after evaluating my research, I decided that perhaps a pyschological thriller / or perhaps a complex storyline would not suit people on the lower side of the social grade ie D & E, simply because they are typically uneducated and therefore will struggle to comprehend the film. Whereas a someone on the higher end in terms of social status may find it pyschilogically pleasing.

PSYCHOGRAPHIC RESEARCH:
Once again, it turned out that these can be catogorised simply by personality, which creates the sense that each catogory it built upon certain characteristics. For example

Mainstreamers: Seek Security- and tend to be domestic/confomist/conventional and sentimental. They also favour value for money family brands- and are nearly always the largest group.

Succeeders: Seek Control- Often have strong goals, poeple that are confident and those who are wealthy- Mainly situate in wealthy managerial jobs. Therefore someone who seeks a higher quality of brand.

Aspirers: Seek Status- Materialistic and often orientated by image and appearence, a persona based upon fashion. Typically younger people.

Explorers: Seek Discovery-  Filled with energy and prides themselves on indivudualism and experience. Highly values adventure and a sense of difference. Often the younger generation (students)

Reformers: Seeks Enlightenment- In terms of personal growth and knowledge. They tend to have indpendant judgements and awareness. Known for being anti-materialistic, but have a good taste.

Resigned: Seeks Survival- Tend to be older people, who emphasise tradition as well as saftey. This is stressed throught the brand quality which also suggest familairity.

Strugglers: Seeks Escapism- Often alienated and disorganised with few skills other than physicall skills. People that tend to buy alcohol and junk food and are lower down on the demographic scale

Overall looking at our film in its current state, its probrably more suited to either an Explorer, simply becuase of the youthful age. Which would therefore eliminate the Resigned, given their age. And the only other suitable candidate in my opinion would be the Aspirers, as not only are they typically younger but they are also very materialistic which is a something I can see in our target audience. But in these early stages I would say The Explorer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive