Evaluation-
Preliminary task:
Success-
For me I
think the planning in terms of storyline and production schedule was done to an
appropriately high standard, and our preparation prior to filming was also
sufficient- especially gathering actors and securing a location, as these were
done quickly and confidently. I also think that two out of the three shots
required were done to a good standard and eventually thanks to the acquirement
of our actors we completed the preliminary task before deadline which meant
that we could work on improvements and focus more time than predicted on
editing.
Failures-
As I can
recall the failures of our preliminary task came as a result of filming, this
is because we did not meet the high standards of shots that we were asked to,
in particular the "Shot reverse shot" as in the end we did not film
this shot to a high standards. The other failure was also with regards to
filming as come our first day of filming, we only gathered a minimal amount of
shots- I assume this to be because of a lack of experience and concentration
from other members of the group and actors. Also during filming I felt isolated
as the majority of task fulfilment was left to me as I essentially performed
all the filming parts apart from acting. I was therefore disappointed with my
groups efforts and believe the task would have been completed to a high
standard had we not wasted valuable filming time. Another problem related to
filming was the disorganisation of our filming schedule as we once again wasted
filming time by organising a sufficient room, perhaps we should of done
extensive research into information regarding: room opening and closing times,
will supervision be required, will our props be accessible. These are all
aspects I will consider in preparation for our main production. Also I feel
that our only other downfall was our location as, in my opinion during the finished
product it looked amateurish. But this was as a result of our requirement to
change location.
How to overcome these drawbacks for the future:
With regards to our drawbacks, I think given the spontaneity of the problems that perhaps more in depth research would have only helped a little, in order to achieve a better overall result we should donate more time towards filming. Also we should ensure all our required props are ready and available at our location in order to maximise production time, and perhaps we should identify a certain location that is always available when we require filming. These are also things that have already done prior to our production task and therefore we are showing a clear acknowledgement of our faults / drawbacks
How to overcome these drawbacks for the future:
With regards to our drawbacks, I think given the spontaneity of the problems that perhaps more in depth research would have only helped a little, in order to achieve a better overall result we should donate more time towards filming. Also we should ensure all our required props are ready and available at our location in order to maximise production time, and perhaps we should identify a certain location that is always available when we require filming. These are also things that have already done prior to our production task and therefore we are showing a clear acknowledgement of our faults / drawbacks
Well done, you have evaluated in detail (although you have been a little harsh with yourself- they are not failures but drawbacks which you will improve on!) T- Can you suggests ways to overcome the drawbacks you encountered?
ReplyDeleteOf course, I will identify these in green so you can clearly see my improvements
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete